Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's Crunch Time (Day 121)

It's almost September, it's almost another month closer to him coming home. Of course time flies by when I have a lot to get done, but hey, I'm not complaining - I'll be late, behind, and in a crunch for the next 3 months if it means time going faster! I have 5 days until I leave for California and I'm so ready to be busy all week. Let's get to Day 150 already!

2 more days until Weikle is officially "Sergeant Weikle". I am soo stoked about this still, we've been waiting and waiting and now it's just 48 hours away. I know I have said it a million times but I am just so proud of my husband. He has worked his butt off to get where he is. I miss that about him, I miss seeing him so motivated - ready for anything and everything. It is such an admirable trait.

Weikle was stuck at a base for over a week waiting to be picked up and although he wasn't too happy about it, I definitely was. Not only was he a little more safe than he previously was but he had a lot of time to think. Time to think about me, the things he misses and overall think about us. I know he didn't want to have to sit and think about these things, he wanted to keep his head in the game. But let me tell you, after 118 days, I really needed to hear him say the things he had said. Without a doubt, we always say I love you at least twice before getting off the phone...I will always know he loves me. But after 4 months, I needed more. I needed more than just "I am doing alright...I love you...bye...". I never doubted that life would be amazing when he came home, I never doubted that time apart makes the heart grow fonder. But to get an email with a list of things he misses about our life together - completely indescribable. I laughed, I cried, and I read it over and over. It truly can't be described how good it felt to read that email.
Before I start getting emotional I am going to change the subject...Our ottoman came in this week and my dad and I went and picked it up yesterday. It's still in the packaging but here it is, absolutely amazing. I even think my husband agrees that we needed it now, imagine that. It looks white but it's technically "hazelnut" which is kind of an off-white creamy color. It is also big enough for a tiger to sleep on...I believe it measures 5 feet by 5 feet.

These are the before pictures of the hope chest I have been working on...with a little help from my dad - he is a life saver! A few hours in the garage, a few beers later (him), and a couple of small mistakes and you get this! I think I am most proud of this project, mostly because we had to do so much to it in order for it to be usable again. The top of it was one long lid and it was broken, the padding on the so-called cushion was horrible and it was pretty much falling apart on the bottom. Now it has new hardware, it's antiqued - hard to tell in the picture, and it now has two lift up lids with actual cushions on the top. The inside is cedar and it smells amazing. Can't wait to use it for storage (after it's been sitting outside for the past 3 years!).


I also have another smaller bench that I recovered with the same fabric, and a few other projects that I will post pictures of once I am in California. 5 days! Bring on the decorating, I have my game face on.
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment