Tuesday, August 24, 2010

116 days.

Feels good to type a three digit number every time I write a post now. It also feels good to know that we are almost 4 months into this deployment. I haven't written much because this deployment has sort of seemed like it is at a "stand still". I don't know how much more I can write about missing him without repeating myself and it is way too soon to talk about him coming home, sooo I'm sort of lost with what to say these days.

I can say that I have had a few interesting conversations with Weikle, and yes I said "interesting". Things I never thought we would talk about, things I never thought either one of us would ever have to tell each other about - and well it's been pretty funny and interesting.

We have also talked (for the millionth time) about when we first met, the day we got married, what we are going to do the day he gets home, what Christmas will be like, what the house is going to look like, where we will be moving...etc. It's funny how no matter how many times we talk about it I still smile and feel like it will never get old or boring.


I spent the weekend at my grandparents house scrapbooking our trip to Newport Beach and Disneyland. Soo much fun! Here are a few pics of what I did...



And I finally finished our dresser...well still a few minor things to do but overall it is done. Probably around 10 hours went into this baby, with heat advisory warnings the entire time. Soo I am pretty relieved that it is done. Before picture...After Pictures...


2 comments:

  1. WOW that looks great! I think you have a profession my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks, I sure hope I can figure out something to do with my love of refinishing furniture.

    ReplyDelete