Sunday, August 8, 2010

Do You See That!?

The clock on the page now says DAY 100. Ahhh! There is some light at the end of this dark tunnel! Finally. Almost on the downhill slope of this deployment and it feels ridiculously good, let me tell you.


This downhill slope is good and bad. It's good because soon I will be standing there, holding a sign and welcoming him home. This is bad because all the projects I have planned for our "home" are no where near completed. Now I'm sure my warrior of a husband doesn't care if I get that bookcase stained or those pillows recovered, but I sure as hell do. So I have about 8,923 things to do in the next 100 days. But I will get them done, right? Right. I'm super wife and I can handle this.

This blog may turn into a home and garden blog for the next 3 months, my apologies.

My "projects" aren't what is making me feel overwhelmed. Moving is. It seems like I have so much more to move this time. I don't know if it is because I have some of his things now or if it is because I have bought things since I have been here. Most likely from buying things. But whichever it is, I now find myself in a moving mess. Most of my boxes consist of lotion, electronics, sweatshirts, and picture frames. All mixed into one box. Nothing is organized and it is driving me crazy. I have so much random stuff in my room and I can't group it all together because I need some of it out still. I don't even want to discuss the way things were packed when I was leaving California. I was an emotional wreck, he was never home, and I had so much to do in such little time. It's stressing me out just thinking about move-in day.


So here are some pictures of some things I got from my Mama for my birthday, and some projects I am working on. Keep in mind I do not have an amazing/expensive camera (Hint: Husband could think about getting me one for my birthday?). And I do not have a home to actually set these things up to show you how they look.

These signs are project number 2,319. I just want to use some chain to hook them together. Show you a picture of that when it's done, hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

This is a picture of my end table I painted, I tried to get a picture to show how it is "antiqued". Not sure if you can tell but it was worth a shot.Below is a picture of something I saw at Kelli's house and fell in love with. I thought I was going to have to order it online and then I found it at Michael's! You put whatever you want in the bottom and then a nice candle sits on the little shelf. So this is the before picture and later I will give you an after picture.
This shadow box is adorable and I love it. So far it has an email that Weikle sent me some time in May, our newspaper wedding announcement, and my garter. When he gets home I will be putting a letter that I sent him in it and the scrapbook calendar I sent with him. Totally cute.

And tomorrow I'll be sanding and staining a dresser, a bookcase, and a nightstand. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. I'll have pictures up when they are done.

Have a good Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. how fun! i would love to come help you do some of this! I don't know how and would love to learn:)
    cute stuff by the way, i love your creativity!
    kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, this is why I wish we lived closer to one another! I would love to be able to do this with you. I'm not an expert on doing any of this really, I'm kind of learning as I go. With some help from my Dad, he knows everything. We need to get together again soon! Hopefully next week?
    Britt

    ReplyDelete