Friday, August 20, 2010

Exciting News (Day 112)


You see that? THAT will soon be my husband's rank; that's right...he's picking up sergeant! I was going to try and contain myself and not announce it until he "officially" picked up, but I am way too proud of him to keep it a secret. This man deserves this and I couldn't be more proud of him. So on September 1st, 2010 it will be official and he will also be reenlisting that day. His package went through and he will be reenlisting as a recruiter. We both will be enjoying him being home more often, no more field opps. every two weeks. I know that everyone is going to want to know what this means in terms of us moving...but unfortunately we will not know for awhile. He still has to come home and go to school and all that. But I do know that we could be sent anywhere or we could stay in California...who knows. But I am so excited for him, for us, and I wanted him to know I am so proud of him. The only downfall is that I can't be there to see him get promoted. Bummer. But I am hoping they take pictures so I can see.


I was in the hospital with kidney stones this week, that wasn't fun at all. It was nice to receive all of the husband's good news after being in so much pain, funny how that works! My furniture projects are coming along. I spent hours and hours sanding down are dresser to find out that it just isn't going to work. I am going to have to paint it and not sure if I want to paint it off-white. Maybe black...or light blue. Hmm maybe gray? Who knows.


I also started restoring my hope chest that my Mama bought me when I was 16. I opened it up and found the furniture tag still on it from whoever had originally purchased it. Guess where it's from? The great Louisville, Kentucky. Where Weikle's aunt and uncle live, and where Weikle wants to live when he is out of the Marine Corps. How weird is that?! I guess it really was meant to be.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so happy for you both Brit.......I'm sorry to hear you were sick!!! In Cali? I am now working in all the hospitals in west phx so you better call me if someone you love is there......I will visit and make sure they are getting excellent treatment! But, I hope no one is there:) Take it easy would ya???

    ReplyDelete