Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wake Me Up When September Ends

It's finally September, that in itself is worth celebrating. I'm moving in 2 days, that is definitely a reason to celebrate. As far as I know (haven't spoke to the husband in 4 days) he officially picked up Sergeant. Lots of reasons to celebrate!! I just really wish I would have talked to him the day he got promoted, tell him how happy I was for him. Hopefully he really got promoted? I don't know why he wouldn't have...but it's the Marine Corps - who knows right?


I do wish I could just sleep through this month though...once the celebrating is over it is just me, myself, and I. I will be very busy, like I have been the past couple weeks, but I still feel like September will just be a useless month. That month that you wish didn't exist because it's still too far away for that "small number countdown". Maybe I will invest in some good sleep aid medicine - probably not, but it sounds like a good plan.

The past few weeks have gone by sooo fast. This week has been crazy and it is only Wednesday. I have done a million things all by myself. I didn't realize how much work it was going to be to do all of this moving stuff. Last time I moved, Weikle had done all the paperwork, set up the electricity, set up water, trash, and sewage, and just got everything squared away. All I did was show up and move our stuff in, everything else was out of sight, out of mind. Well not this time.

In the past week I have:

Gotten new tires on my car. (My tires were really bad, should have checked them sooner, woops)

Finished furniture projects, bought a car cover for the El Camino....

Went and picked up the ottoman and my parents furniture from the furniture store.

Helped my parents set up their new bedroom furniture.

Got all the boxes loaded in the trailer for moving day.

Paid rent, got renters insurance, change of address, set up electricity, got water...

Packed my room up.

And I still have to:

Wash the El Camino and shine the rims, unhook battery and put car cover on.

Load furniture into trailer.

Do laundry.

Wash my car.

Load last minute boxes and items in my car.

Load TV in my car.

Clean the garage room where all my stuff has been being stored.

Shave my legs for the first time in 2 weeks...if there is time?


Yeah it's that bad. I'm exhausted, and can't wait to be done moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment