Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's That Time of Year (Day 139)

No, I'm not talking about Fall. After growing up in Arizona I would be lying to you if I said I couldn't wait for the leaves to change, for the sweaters and scarves, and the cooler weather. Nor can I say I will be impatiently waiting for "Indian Summer" which my husband explained to me the other night.

This time last year my life changed. After weeks of my friend telling me I had to meet this guy, and me telling her "No, he looks like a total idiot/dork I don't want to meet this guy", I finally gave in and met him. I met him at the fine establishment of Buffalo Wild Wings. I was dressed very appropriately - short white shorts, black FMF strapless top, and purple bandana tied up in my hair. Oh and did I mention the road rash all over the side of my leg from crashing on a bicycle drunk in Havasu? Yeah, all true. Neither one of us had thought anything of each other really. A few days later was when he showed up at my friends house when I was a little more than hungover.

So September 15th was the day we met, and the 22nd was the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. Even though neither one of us expected any of this to happen, we're both glad I said yes...

Now the moment we've all been waiting for (not really, but it sounds good)...mostly doing this for us to reminisce about, it may bore you. That's your warning.

Our Timeline

Day 1 - You woke me up at Johna's house. You said, "Hey do you have any extra blankets?" and I responded, "They're in the dryer". And you got really excited for some nice, clean, warm blankets and then found out there wasn't any in the dryer (I was drunk still and before I left my house my mom told me my blankets were in the dryer...). Then I responded by running to the bathroom every 5 minutes after that and vomitting. I nailed my second impression - it was so part of my plan.

Day 4 - You asked me to be your girlfriend, followed by asking me to be your date to the Marine Corps Ball. I was stoked babe.

Day 14 - Went to a family get-together and told everyone I was going to marry you. They tried to talk me out of it. You came to Arizona after being in the field for 2 weeks. I just knew you were the one...

Day 23 - Trip to San Diego, we had a BBQ at Barrientos' house. On the way there you said something and I very easily replied, "Awww I love you". We had never said I love you to each other. I blushed, covered my mouth, and gasped. You later gave me a hug and said, "I do love you too Britt."

Day 35 - One month together.

Day 42 - Marine Corps Ball. Good times babe.

Day 50 - I drove to San Diego to be with you for your 4 day weekend :] We ate gas station food and watched at least 100 movies.


Day 66 - 2 months together.

Day 96 - Trip to Ohio to meet your family. Oh - and to tell them we were getting married..in a week.

Day 108 - I married you. With chronic bronchitis, and 5 hours of sleep in two weeks, in a strapless dress on December 30th 2009. December, in OHIO. Let's just say Ohio doesn't like native Arizona girls.

Day 118 - I packed up and moved to California.

Day 146 - Our reception in Arizona. Anyone who was there - picture Weikle on the dance floor around 9pm. Now, stop laughing :]

Day 158 - You left for the field for 1 month, and I thought I missed you then. (Slap myself for that one).

Day 187 - You came home from the field and I swear I fell even more in love with you. I was sitting in the apartment and wondering why it was 1830 and you weren't home yet...then I heard that heavy El Camino door slam...!? I took off running down the stairs and there you were. Dirty, tired looking, and damn sexy. I wanted to kiss you, but I kind of stood there and looked at you first like I didn't know you. I got the usual "Hey Weiner" and then an absolutely amazing kiss. I helped you carry your stuff up to the apartment and I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. I'm not really sure how many times we made out that night, too many to count. I felt like I hadn't kissed you in forever. I didn't even know. But I am going to take a second and say, I sent you off with 3, yes 3, batches of brownies and told you, "Don't break my SnapWare". You came home and only 1 clip was broken off of a lid. Okay ladies, after a month in the field with the Marine Corps way of life, SnapWare held up amazing! I love love love SnapWare. They are scratched and look like they have seen some shit, but they still do their job.

Day 201 - Your parents came to California, beautiful weather, beach time, Hollywood and
Beverly Hills. This was your pre-deployment leave.

Day 204 - Vegas! With your parents.

Day 229 - You left for Afghanistan and I became half the person I used to be.


I love you babe, and I am soooo very thankful that I met you a year ago.


-Side Note: Hubby re-enlisted, Hubby is officially Sergeant, and we'll be in California til August/September of next year. Ohhh and about 2 months and the hubby will be in route on his way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment