Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 73 (Ughhh)

Disneyland isn't as cool as I remember it being, maybe it's because I'm not 5 anymore? Yeah that's definitely it. It was fun, great to be with the family but I don't think it is "the happiest place in the world". In fact, I think the slogan should say "the craziest, dirtiest (is that a word?) place in the world". The germs just creep me out. Some of the rides were great but I am sure California Adventure will be better.

So it has been 73 days ladies and gentlemen. Wishing I could just throw a one in front of the 73 but I don't have the power to change time, or the power to do anything really. What a bummer. I can't believe I am doing this deployment thing, at times I feel like it's not real, like I could just bring him home when I want to or call him when I need to talk. But no. It's completely real and I'm going stir crazy counting down these days. My math skills are improving, that's a plus. I feel very repetitive when I write about this but it's the elephant in my head. I can't NOT miss him. It's all I think about and it's all I feel.

The upside to this "gloominess" is that we are almost halfway through July, halfway to a new month and higher numbers.

Off to the pool for some relaxation...

No comments:

Post a Comment