Friday, May 21, 2010

Randomness [Day 21]

I have been at a loss for words the past couple of days, not sure why. Every time I have sat
down to write, I feel as though I have nothing to say....

I finally got P90x and tomorrow I will be doing Day 1 of 90 days, but actually I am going to do 180 days total. Weikle is going to be so proud of me, I can't wait! I absolutely love working out and eating right, so this is a fairly easy challenge for me. Weikle and I are both strong willed people who never start something we aren't going to finish.

I spent some time catching up with old friends this week, got a pretty nice tan too! Overall, it was a much needed get together. I also went and watched my cousin graduate 8th grade. I was sitting there remembering what I wore to my 8th grade graduation and how I did my hair, but I couldn't remember anything else about that night. Imagine that! We had a nice dinner with quite a few members of the family these week too, to celebrate her graduating. Surprisingly, this week went fast.

Going to California next weekend for a Military Spouse Appreciation Luncheon, going to stay with a good friend of mine who's husband is also deployed. Excited to go back to Cali and feel like I am home again, even if it is a temporary feeling.

I have felt very irritated lately. I am so sick of hearing people complain about things that aren't things to complain about. I am tired of people not caring about other people. It is ridiculous how many American values and morals don't exist at all anymore. I hate all the petty bullshit. I hate the simple things that people make so complicated and into drama. It was so nice just knowing that everyday I had my husband, my home, and everything I needed. I am so glad that I have the things that so many people want. I have an absolutely amazing husband. 1st year of marriage and we will have only spent 4 months together. I have no doubt that even 35 years from now we will love and trust each other even more than we do now. I am so blessed and so lucky to have what I have, know the things I know, and be who I am being. I don't have to explain or prove this to anyone. We know first hand how amazing our lives are.

It's time for me to go to bed. I wish that I had someone to pack a lunch for, make breakfast for, and kiss in the morning.


Dear Lord,
Give me the greatness of heart to see,
the difference between his duty and his love for me.
Give me the understanding so I may know,
that when duty calls he must go.
Give me a task to do each day, to fill the
time while my Marine is away.
And when he has to fight, let him
know he is on my mind even though not in sight.
And, Lord, when duty is in
the field please protect him and be his shield.
And, Lord, when he is in a foreign
land keep him safe in your loving hand.
And, Lord, when deployment is long please stay with me
and keep me strong.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a positive person, it's truly inspiring! I hope you are doing well... have fun in California! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    I couldn't agree more on the petty bullshit of Americans in our day in age. I honestly can't even put into words how much it pisses me off.... at least I'm not the only one who feels that way! It just goes to show how much more of an amazing person you are!

    By the way, P90x is a BEAST (I did it for a week). I'm actually starting this coming week (and actually finishing this time) with my sister! Good luck to you, you'll probably love the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talia, I am so sorry I didn't write back to you sooner! I did not even realize I had a comment on this post...oops.

    Being positive is all I can do, not much of a choice I guess. Thanks you :]

    Sooo glad you commented and agreed on that part of this post! It really gets me irritated when I start thinking about some of the things people say and do that seems to be such a big deal to them, when in reality it is not.

    P90x is a beast! Haha that might even be an understatement! Good luck to you too! It is going good for me so far, just can't always do it for the full hour; there is not enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete