Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Points that need to be made (Day 10)

10 days, finally in the double digits! Woooo hooo. I received a phone call from the hubby early yesterday morning. It felt so good to hear his voice and know how he was doing. He will probably kill me for telling you some of the things he said to me over the phone but I can't help but share them with you all. He said that every time he takes his boots off he wishes I was there to do it for him. I used to take his boots off everyday for him when he came home, otherwise they wouldn't come off until bed time. He said that being in Iraq 2 years ago was a lot different for him because he wasn't dating anyone or married to anyone. He said he thinks about me always and wishes he were here with me instead of "over there". These things put a big smile on my face, one that I very much needed. I told him that I missed his "Michael Scott" impressions (The Office, TV show). So of course, he did one for me. We both laughed. I asked him why he had to be so amazing, why he had to be so good at kissing me and loving me. I told him he was suchaaa man and that I loved him and I would talk to him soon.

I sent my first care package to him yesterday. It felt good to send him the things I knew he needed and wanted but it also made it seem "more real". The fact that I have to send him things made reality hit once again. He isn't just in Twentynine Palms or in a different state, he is a dreaded 8,000 miles away.

This is what his care package consisted of:

  • 1 pair of combat boots (his favv ones that he couldn't fit in his bag to take with him)
  • 1 pair of brown socks
  • 1 bottle of head and shoulders shampoo
  • 2 fly swatters (he said they are everywhere over there)
  • 3 packs of fly tape to hang (sticky stuff that catches flies)
  • 50 packets of Gatorade mix that you can poor into a water bottle
  • 3 pictures (one of me, one of us at our wedding, one of us the morning he left)
  • 1 love note with a million "xoxo's" written on it
  • 1 miniature can of disinfectant spray to use on his sleeping system
  • 4 packages of those Wisp mini toothbrushes that you don't need water for

And all of that fit in one tiny flat rate box! Not a big deal. Go me.

Below is a video that my fellow Marine Wife (she is also a Marine) sent to me. It is kind of dark but the man dancing is my fabulous husband after a few drinks. Hope it makes you smile as much as it did me. Enjoy :]

Now onto points that need to be made....

  1. The Phoenix Suns have lost all of my respect. You don't go along with boycotting the state that you play for. That is not how it works. Second, "Los Suns" on your jerseys looks stupid and makes you seem stupid. Your American remember?
  2. I don't know if any of you saw the story on the news about the two high school students who wore American flag t-shirts to school on Cinco De Mayo...if you didn't I will recap the story for you. They wore their American flag shirts and were told by school administrators that they had to go home for the day or turn their shirts inside out. So they went home. They interviewed a "Hispanic" girl from the school and she said it was "disrespectful to wear the shirts on Cinco De Mayo". We are in America and should be allowed to wear an American flag on our clothing ANY DAY we want to. If you are Hispanic and are legally an AMERICAN citizen than you should not feel that this is disrespectful. If you want to live in America, than that means you need to feel and display the pride that comes with being an American. Not hang your Mexico flags outside your houses and from your rear view mirror in your car. If you have that much pride for Mexico then go back to Mexico! Don't live here if you are still proud to be from Mexico, simple as that.

Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment