Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reality Shows, Twentynine Palms, and Trivia Night

Staying up late tonight waiting for Weikle to call. Talked to him for a second earlier and he was very, very, excited that he got to wash his hair today. Another Marine poured ice water over his head while he used shampoo. I laughed and said, "I can just see you guys doing that" he replied, "Babe, it's the little things in life that keep me going out here". It makes me happy and sad all at the same time when he says things like that. He also said that he misses my cooking, doesn't every wife like to hear that!? Food that requires you to add water and mix in a bag isn't exactly competition though. 9 days until he comes home, but who's counting?

There are a few things on my mind tonight, some things that are really bothering me and some that make me happy. I think I will start with the things bothering me and end on a lighter, happier note.

REALITY SHOWS. The shows I am talking about are shows such as: The Hills, The City (?), Kendra, Tori and Dean, Whatever the Kardashian show is, and some new show that follows 5 teens trying to make it "big". I am trying to refrain from cursing as I am typing. I mean come on, how ridiculous are these shows. If they are going to be called reality, lets show people some reality. Let us show things that really matter. Who cares if some celebrity is having a kid? People have kids all the time. The world is so clueless because instead of watching the news they watch shows of rich kids living in California and complaining about relationship drama, and celebrities delivering their own children. I could go on forever but I will stop there. That is my 5 minutes of bitching for today...

Subject number two, Twentynine Palms, California. The hubby's battalion was on live television today, pretty exciting! Made me feel somewhat closer to him. Also, I was reading an issue of Sunset magazine today from like 2007 and it had a list of the top ten unknown places to visit (and stay at) before you die. Guess what made the list? Yep, Twentynine Palms. Now I am sure they didn't mean the Marine Corps base there, there are other places to see, but it still made me laugh. I was thinking how disgustingly funny it would be if I made reservations at the hotel there for a vacation. He didn't think it was funny! Imagine that...

Now let me tell you about the greatest thing ever. Thunder Trivia Night at Majerles Sports Grill. I started going to this trivia night back in September 09 and loved it. Well with falling in love and getting married and all that I have not been back in quite a while. I am sooo in love with this trivia game. I think because it makes me think and I learn a lot of random facts that will never help me in life, ever. But, it is so much fun and really takes my mind off things. Let me put it this way; Majerles Sports Grill will be seeing me every Wednesday night between May and November. This bar is my getaway. I will be a trivia champion. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment