Friday, June 11, 2010

In My Thoughts [Day 41]

Death is nothing new in Afghanistan but lately there have been a lot of fallen Marines and other service men. I think about their families, wives especially, and children. I think about them receiving the news and what a difficult time they are going to be going through, forever. Every casualty report hits me hard, I feel for these families. Just remember that everyday your going on living your life while someone else is being told that their loved one has lost theirs...keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I don't really have any updates on Weikle, they have been in river city (when a Marine dies, they shut off communication to or from the base until the families have been notified) for awhile now. He should be getting my next package soon, I hope.

School is making time go by fast like I expected. I have so much homework that I am staying up way too late and waking up way too early (not a morning person) and have been extremely tired. In about 3 weeks I have a 14 or so page research paper due. I am writing about the impacts of war on military families in the U.S. So far it is turning out good. My history class is amazing, I have never learned so much in my life. My hubby will be very proud when he comes home :] And that makes me want to learn that much more.

This weekend I am going with my mom shopping. I told Weikle about HomeGoods and how many things I saw there that I wanted (for our home when he comes back) and he told me that I could go there and get whatever I wanted. He said he could tell how happy it would make me and that's what he wanted. Could I have a better husband? All he ever wants is for me to be happy, and even from so far away he still manages to do so. He told me that I have to wait for him to call me to tell him what I bought so he could hear how excited I am....I can't wait!

I'm sure I have a lot more things to write about but I am not in a very creative writing mood.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment