Monday, October 11, 2010

I Can Wait Forever (Day 164)

The days just come and go while I'm standing here. I've said it before and I will say it again, I am just wasting time. And I know it's not a great thing to do, I should live every moment of my life like it's the last but it's harder than it sounds. Most of the time I feel like a zombie. I do pretty much the same thing day after day, which isn't that much. But hey, they say keeping a consistent schedule makes time go faster, they didn't say it had to be a busy one.

The truth is, whether this deployment was 7 months or 4 years, I would still be here waiting. I know I complain a lot and some days I feel like I'm going to die, but I haven't. He was right, I have been okay and I will continue to be okay. No matter how long he is away from me (even the month he was in the field) I still hurt and miss him. So, with that being said, I would wait forever. If it meant being with him again, seeing his smile, feeling his touch, smelling his smell...I would, no questions asked. That's something to be proud of.

Weikle is now "out and about" again. This is sort of a bummer for two reasons a. We are on the downhill of this deployment b. We aren't expecting to have communication and I was really hoping to get a phone call before I went into surgery. Could be around 14+ days before I hear from him, but we will see. I was kind of hoping to be able to talk to him while I'm recovering. But who knows. Keeping good thoughts around and can't wait until he's back to where he should be.

Hoping this week goes quick! Let's get another week under our belts. Going to try to post on Friday after surgery but I might be too drugged up. Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment