Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'd Do Anything (Day 197)

As if having a puppy isn't enough to handle - I am getting sick too. He's a pretty calm dog, but when he wants to play, he really wants to play. I'm talking like running around as fast as he can in the grass outside and leaping over 4 foot tall bushes. Yeah - at 3 AM. Meanwhile, I have on 3 jackets and 2 scarves and I'm freezing my ass off (I'm from Arizona, remember?). So now I have some kind of cold, or at least I hope that is all it is.

Weikle's homecoming might be setting in now. I think about it and I feel sick to my stomach. I get horrible butterflies and feel so nervous. Seriously, I feel like I am racing again and the 30 second board just went up. I keep pacing around my apartment and looking at everything to make sure it's perfect. I hang something, then I take it down, then I put something else there, then I end up putting things back where they were. I have a list of exactly how I am going to clean everything and exactly what cleaning products I will use. Obsessive much?

Another Saturday night in bed and alone -- but guess what? I only have one more Saturday night alone. Then, every Saturday night for the next 60 years I will spend with my best friend. We'll be 80 years old, quoting movies, working out, and arguing over the game Monopoly on Wii. No big deal. Of course, this is only if he doesn't reenlist again after 4 more years. But, I would do this deployment again. I'd do anything he asked me to. I couldn't imagine my life without him, even if it means talking to him on the phone for 7 months. Bring it on, throw anything at our marriage, we'll show you what being best friends and being in love is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment