Thursday, February 25, 2010

How this whole thing got started...

So this is my first post and I'm excited (and a little unsure) how I am going to like this! So we shall see.


This is us shortly after we started dating at a friends wedding

It all started back in September of 2009 when I was dating a guy that I didn't want to be with anymore and just wasn't sure about what I wanted to do (wasn't sure about anything really!) and one of my good friends, Jenn Alvarez (Jenn Poole now), told me that she was dating a Marine. When I first heard her say that I was very unsure about it, then she told me that he had a friend (Weikle) that she wanted me to meet (then I was REALLY unsure about it). After a few weeks of her wanting me to meet him I finally gave in and said yes. After a long day of college classes I drove to Buffalo Wild Wings to meet this man, we met and we all laughed and had a good time. I didn't think to much of him after I met him and we both agreed that if he was ever in town again that we would hang out. A week or two later he had gotten out of the field (29 palms) and drove 7 hours in the middle of the night to AZ to hang out with me, little did he know, I had way to much to drink the night before and was not feeling so good. I was very sick all day and was thinking to myself "what a great impression I am making". Once I was feeling better we all went out to eat and I guess we just really hit it off. He kissed me later that night and we never looked back, we were so in love and still are. I had to wait two weeks until I saw him next and thought that it seemed like forever! The next few months all I did was wait for him to drive down and see me on the weekends.The picture above is a picture of us the day we got engaged.

So a total of three months later (from the day we met) he proposed (of course I said yes) and we got married a few weeks after in a town in Ohio close to where he is from. A lot of people say we rushed into it and didn't waste any time, and they're right, neither one of us had a doubt in our minds that we were meant to be together forever. Now that I am a Marine wife, I know all too well that time shouldn't be wasted....

No comments:

Post a Comment